My instant pot Mediterranean chicken will transport you to a time before coronavirus when we could all sample this gorgeous dish.
Instant pot Mediterranean chicken
My instant pot Mediterranean chicken will transport you to a time before coronavirus when we could all sample this gorgeous dish.Print Pin Rate
- 3 tbsp Olive oil
- 2 Medium Leeks (roughly chopped) Onion would also be ok - use 1 large one.
- 100 ml White wine
- 2 tsp Oregano (dried)
- 2 tsp Rosemary (dried)
- 2 tsp Fennel seeds
- 400 g Lentils
- 908 g Chicken thighs (skinless and boneless) Breast would also work.
- 700 ml Chicken stock
- Season to taste
- Zest of 1 x lemon Orange would also be good.
- 2 Cloves Garlic (roughly chopped)
- 100 g Sun dried tomatoes (roughly chopped)
- 454 g Spinach (washed)
- 1 Handful Basil leaves If you have no fresh basil, you could use a couple of tbsp's of pesto instead.
- Set the instant pot to saute and add the olive oil.
- Add the leeks or onion if using and fry for a couple of minutes.
- Add the wine and cook until the alcohol has evaporated (around 2 minutes).
- Add the oregano, rosemary, fennel seeds and lentils. Stir together.
- Now add the stock, stir and then add the chicken. Put the lid on and set to high pressure for 10 minutes.
- Leave under pressure for 5 more minutes and then perform a quick release.
- Season to taste and then add the lemon zest, garlic and sundried tomatoes. Stir well to combine.
- Now add the spinach and push down into the mixture. Put the lid back on and leave to wilt for around 4 minutes.
- Serve with a garnish of fresh basil and enjoy.
Calories: 617kcal | Carbohydrates: 62g | Protein: 54g | Fat: 16g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 147mg | Sodium: 414mg | Potassium: 2208mg | Fiber: 25g | Sugar: 11g | Vitamin A: 7827IU | Vitamin C: 35mg | Calcium: 186mg | Iron: 11mg
Leave a Reply