My instant pot baharat spiced chicken is a delicious blend of succulent chicken and Middle Eastern-inspired spices. All served with pot in pot rice for a perfect one-pot meal.
Instant pot baharat spiced chicken
- 500 g Long grain rice I used basmati.
- 800 ml Boiling water
- 2 tbsp Olive oil Most vegetable oils will work well.
- 2 tbsp Baharat spice mix
- 908 g Chicken thigh
- 1 Whole Lemon (juice and zest)
- 1 Whole Onion (roughly chopped) Optional.
- 225 g Mushrooms (roughly chopped) Optional.
- Season to taste
- 2 tbsp Cornflour
- 125 ml Sour cream Natural yoghurt would also work.
- Coriander (cilantro) To garnish.
- If you're doing pot in pot rice, first rinse the rice and then put it in a container which will fit in the instant pot. Now set aside for later.
- Add all the other ingredients except the cornflour, sour cream and coriander (cilantro) to the pot and mix together.
- Put a tall trivet in the pot and then add the pre-prepared rice with the boiling water.
- Put the lid on and set to high pressure for 7 minutes.
- When the time is up, leave under pressure for another 7 minutes before doing a quick release.
- When the pin drops, remove the lid followed by the rice and trivet.
- Stir everything together and then set the pot to saute. Add the cornflour to a bowl and add around 5tbsp of liquid from the pot. Mix together and stir back in. Bring to the boil which will thicken the sauce (this should take around 1 minute).
- Serve over the rice with a garnish of sour cream and coriander (cilantro).
I found the baharat spice mixture in my local supermarket, but if you are struggling to find any, it is available online at places like amazon.
If you have enjoyed my recipe for instant pot baharat spiced chicken, please take a look at some of my other curry and dump and go recipes:
- Instant pot chicken dopiaza
- Instant pot chicken jalfrezi
- Easy instant pot butter chicken
- Instant pot chicken ziti
If you have any comments, questions or suggestions, please leave them in the box below and I would be delighted to help.