Welcome to my easy instant pot butter chicken recipe. Delicious and super tasty, restaurant-quality food served at home.
Easy instant pot butter chicken
Delicious, buttery and easy instant pot butter chicken.
- 125 g Butter I used salted.
- 1 large Onion Roughly chopped
- 10 Cloves Garlic (minced)
- 3 tsb Fresh ginger (minced) Powdered would work - just use 1 tsp.
- 1 kg Chicken breast or thigh Boneless and cut into small pieces.
- 1 tbsp Garam masala
- 2 tsp Ground coriander
- 2 tsb Ground cumin
- 2 tsp Turmeric
- 2 tsp Smoked paprika
- 1 tsb Chilli powder I used mild, but hot or even cayenne pepper would work.
- To taste Salt
- 400 ml Coconut milk (tinned)
- 400 ml Tinned tomatoes
- 3 tbsp Tomato puree
- 200 ml Chicken stock
- 2 tbsp Cornflour
- 1 Bunch Coriander (to garnish)
- Add the butter to the instant pot and set on saute. When its melted add the onion and cook for around 2 minutes.
- Add the minced garlic and ginger and now add the diced chicken. Stir well to combine.
- Add the garam masala, ground coriander, ground cumin, turmeric, smoked paprika, chilli powder and salt (smells amazing!).
- Add the tinned coconut milk, tomatoes, tomato puree and chicken stock. stir thoroughly before putting the lid on the instant pot and setting on manual, high pressure for 14 minutes. leave under pressure for a further 11 minutes and then do a quick release and remove the lid.
- Set the instant pot to saute. Add the cornflour to a jug and remove around 5 tablespoons of the liquid from the instant pot. Mix well and add back to the instant pot. Stir well whilst the sauce thickens (around 2 minutes).
- Serve and garnish with coriander to garnish.
There you have it, my delicious easy instant pot butter chicken. Just as good as from the restaurant and much healthier. I served with boiled rice and indian snacks, but you could serve with naan bread or even cauliflower rice (this would make the recipe keto friendly).
Please follow and like us: