My instant pot turkey sloppy Joes are a super tasty and healthy alternative to beef. You and your family are sure to enjoy.
Instant pot turkey sloppy Joes
Quick, simple and super tasty
- 2 tbsp Olive oil Vegetable oil would be fine.
- 1 Large Onion (finely chopped)
- 4 Cloves Garlic (finely chopped)
- 3 Stalks Celery (finely chopped)
- 1 Bell pepper (finely chopped) Any colour will be good.
- 2 tsp Chili powder I used mild
- 1 tsp Smoked paprika
- 800 g Turkey mince
- Season to taste
- 100 ml Tomato sauce
- 2 tbsp Tomato puree
- 2 tbsp Cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp Worcester sauce
- 1 tbsp Brown sugar
- 2 tsp Mustard English or Dijon.
- 50 ml Water Boiling
- 2 tbsp Cornstarch
- Add the olive oil to the instant pot and set to saute.
- Add the chopped onion, garlic, celery and pepper. fry until soft (around 5 minutes).
- Add the chili powder and smoked paprika.
- Add the turkey mince and season. Break up the mince and brown.
- Add the tomato sauce, tomato puree, cider vinegar, worcester sauce, sugar and mustard
- Put the lid on the instant pot and set to high pressure for 8 minutes.
- Allow to remain under pressure for 8 minutes and then perform a quick release.
- Remove the lid. Set to saute and add the cornstarch to 2 tablespoons of boiling water. Mix together and add to the instant pot. Cook for a couple of minutes until the sauce thickens.
- Serve with toasted burger buns
Please follow and like us: