My instant pot salmon risotto is a perfect meal to make when you're pressed for time. Perfectly cooked every time in the instant pot.
Instant pot salmon risotto
My instant pot salmon risotto is a perfect meal to make when you're pressed for time. Perfectly cooked every time in the instant pot.Print Pin Rate
- 3 tbsp Butter I used salted.
- 1 Large Onion (roughly chopped)
- 3 Cloves Garlic (roughly chopped)
- 500 g Rice I used arborio.
- Season to taste
- 454 g Salmon
- 1.2 L Chicken stock Vegetable stock is also good.
- 125 g Frozen peas
- 50 g Parmesan (grated)
- Set the pot to saute and when its hot add 2 tbsp of the butter.
- Once the butter has melted add the onion and fry until softened (around 3 minutes).
- Add the garlic and then the rice. cook for around 1 minute until the rice starts to become clear.
- Season to taste then add the salmon and stock. Deglaze the pot if necessary. Put the lid on and set on high pressure for 4 minutes.
- Leave under pressure for another 4 minutes and then do a quick release.
- Remove the lid and stir in the peas, parmesan and the remaining tbsp of butter.
- Allow the peas to warm through (around 2 minutes) and then serve.
Calories: 590kcal | Carbohydrates: 79g | Protein: 30g | Fat: 16g | Saturated Fat: 7g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 68mg | Sodium: 525mg | Potassium: 769mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 2255IU | Vitamin C: 5mg | Calcium: 153mg | Iron: 2mg
If you are vegetarian, please make sure to use a vegetarian parmesan, otherwise most hard cheese should be fine instead.
I prefer not to use fish stock as I find the fish taste becomes overpowering.
If you have enjoyed my recipe for instant pot salmon risotto, please check out some of my other great seafood recipes:
- Instant pot shrimp alfredo
- Instant pot kedgeree
- Quick easy instant pot spaghetti
- Instant pot seafood stew
For any comments, questions or suggestions, please leave them in the box below and I would be delighted to help.
Hi, this recipe sounds great. Should the salmon be raw when you put it in the Instant Pot?
Hi Ana, yes the salmon should be raw. Hope you enjoy, Andy.
There are no notes as to when to add the chicken broth?
Hi Rebecca, It's at stage 4 in the instructions. Regards, Andy.