My instant pot salmon risotto is a perfect meal to make when you're pressed for time. Perfectly cooked every time in the instant pot.
Instant pot salmon risotto
- 3 tbsp Butter I used salted.
- 1 Large Onion (roughly chopped)
- 3 Cloves Garlic (roughly chopped)
- 500 g Rice I used arborio.
- Season to taste
- 454 g Salmon
- 1.2 L Chicken stock Vegetable stock is also good.
- 125 g Frozen peas
- 50 g Parmesan (grated)
- Set the pot to saute and when its hot add 2 tbsp of the butter.
- Once the butter has melted add the onion and fry until softened (around 3 minutes).
- Add the garlic and then the rice. cook for around 1 minute until the rice starts to become clear.
- Season to taste then add the salmon and stock. Deglaze the pot if necessary. Put the lid on and set on high pressure for 4 minutes.
- Leave under pressure for another 4 minutes and then do a quick release.
- Remove the lid and stir in the peas, parmesan and the remaining tbsp of butter.
- Allow the peas to warm through (around 2 minutes) and then serve.
If you are vegetarian, please make sure to use a vegetarian parmesan, otherwise most hard cheese should be fine instead.
I prefer not to use fish stock as I find the fish taste becomes overpowering.
If you have enjoyed my recipe for instant pot salmon risotto, please check out some of my other great seafood recipes:
- Instant pot shrimp alfredo
- Instant pot kedgeree
- Quick easy instant pot spaghetti
- Instant pot seafood stew
For any comments, questions or suggestions, please leave them in the box below and I would be delighted to help.