Delicious quick and easy instant pot paella recipe. Not strictly traditional, but very similar and equally tasty.
Instant pot paella recipe
Delicious Spanish rice with chorizo, chicken and prawns
- 3 tbsp Olive oil
- 2 Medium Onions (roughly chopped) Red or white.
- 227 g Chorizo Thinly sliced.
- 3 Cloves Garlic Finely chopped
- 1 tsp Smoked paprika
- 454 g Chicken thighs or breast (Raw & diced) Skinless and boneless.
- 2 Red, yellow or orange peppers Roughly chopped.
- 454 g Paella or arborio rice
- 1 Good pinch Saffron Substitute 1 heaped tsp turmeric if on a budget.
- 1 tsb Salt
- 800 ml Chicken stock Vegetable stock would be fine
- 100 ml White wine Optional. If not used add 100ml extra stock.
- 200 g Tinned sweetcorn
- 200 g Frozen peas
- 200 g Frozen prawns No shell.
- 1 handful Parsley - roughly chopped
- 2 Lemons - Cut into wedges
- Set the instant pot on saute and add the olive oil. Add the onions and cook for around 2 minutes.
- Add the finely sliced chorizo and cook until the oil has taken on the chorizo colouring (around 3 minutes)
- Add the garlic, smoked paprika and chicken (cooked chicken can be used - add before the stock instead). Cook until the chicken is browned.
- Add the peppers and then the rice. Cook until the rice begins to turn clear (around 2 minutes). Add the saffron and stir.
- Add the stock, white wine if using, sweetcorn, frozen peas and frozen prawns. Stir well and set the instant pot on high pressure for 8 minutes.
- When the cooking is complete, leave under pressure for a further 4 minutes and then perform a quick release.
- Serve at once with a garnish of parsley and lemon wedges.
Please follow and like us: