My instant pot lamb roast is so easy that you will never use the oven again! Easy to carve and melt in the mouth perfection.
I served mine with Yorkshire puddings to make a really easy Sunday dinner.
Instant pot lamb roast
- 2 tbsp Olive oil sunflower or rapeseed (canola) would also be good.
- 1.5 kg Lamb joint
- season to taste
- 1 tbsp Rosemary (fresh)
- 1 Onion (roughly chopped)
- 4 Cloves Garlic
- 3 Carrots (roughly chopped)
- 300 ml Chicken stock Vegetable stock would also be good.
- 750 g Baby potatoes
- Set the pot to sauté and add the oil. Once the oil is hot add the seasoned lamb together with the rosemary and sear on both sides.
- Add the onion garlic and carrot followed by the stock.
- Put the lid on and set on high pressure for 45 minutes. When the time is up, leave under pressure for another 15 minutes and then do a quick release if necessary.
- When the pin drops, remove the lid and remove the lamb to rest.
- Add the baby potatoes and put the lid back on. Set on high pressure for 10 minutes. Leave under pressure for another 5 minutes and then do a quick release. Remove the lid when the pin drops.
- Carve the lamb and serve with the potatoes, vegetables and gravy.
For a thicker gravy, I would recommend adding 1 tbsb of cornflour and bringing the liquid back to the boil using the saute function.
My lamb was perfect for carving, but if you want it to literally drop off the bone, increase the time under pressure to 60 minutes.
If you have enjoyed my recipe for instant pot lamb roast, please check out some of my other great related recipes:
- Instant pot lamb rogan josh
- Instant pot shepherd's pie
- Instant pot Sunday dinner
- Instant pot broccoli and beef
- Instant pot Tuscan chicken recipe
For any comments, questions or suggestions, please leave them in the box below and I would be delighted to help.