Welcome to my recipe for instant pot shrimp alfredo. One of the simplest and yet super tasty recipes you will ever make.
Instant pot shrimp alfredo
- 3 tbsp Olive oil
- 4 Cloves Garlic. Roughly chopped
- 100 ml White wine Optional - if not using add extra stock.
- 700 ml Chicken stock Vegetable stock would also be good.
- 200 ml Double cream (heavy cream for USA)
- 454 g Shrimp (raw and frozen)
- Season to taste
- 500 g Pasta shapes
- 100 g Parmesan (grated)
- 200 g Cream cheese
- Add the olive oil to the instant pot and set to saute.
- When the oil is hot add the garlic and cook for around 1 minute.
- Now add the wine if using and cook until the alcohol evaporates (around 1 minute).
- Add the stock, cream and frozen shrimp. Season to taste.
- Add the pasta and stir everything together.
- Put the lid on and set at high pressure for 3 minutes. Leave under pressure for another 3 minutes and then do a quick release.
- Remove the lid and stir through the parmesan and cream cheese.
- Serve and enjoy.
In the video, I have used cooked frozen shrimp, but raw would be better.
If you are pescatarian, please make sure you use a vegetarian version of parmesan.
For some interesting information about the history of Alfredo, please click here.
If you have enjoyed my recipe for instant pot shrimp Alfredo, please take a look at some of my other pasta recipes:
- Instant pot chicken ziti
- Instant pot feta pasta
- Quick easy instant pot spaghetti
- Instant pot spaghetti aglio e olio
- Instant pot spaghetti carbonara
For any comments, questions or suggestions, please leave them in the box below and I would be delighted to help.