My instant pot spaghetti carbonara is a perfect copy of the Italian classic. Delicious creamy pasta all made in one pot.
Instant pot spaghetti carbonara
- 1 tbsp Olive oil
- 250 g Smokey bacon (cut into small pieces)
- 2 Cloves Garlic (roughly chopped)
- 800 ml Boiling water
- 500 g Spaghetti
- 4 Large Eggs
- 125 ml Double cream (heavy cream)
- 150 g Parmesan (grated)
- Season to taste
- Set the pot to saute. When it's hot add the olive oil.
- Add the bacon and fry until crispy. Add the garlic around 1 minute before it's done.
- Remove the bacon and garlic. Set aside for later.
- Add the boiling water and deglaze the pot. Snap the spaghetti in half and layer into the pot. Push it down into the liquid and then put the lid on.
- Set on high pressure for 4 minutes and when the time is up, leave under pressure for another 4 minutes before doing a quick release.
- Whilst the spaghetti is cooking, gently whisk together the eggs and cream. Once they are combined add around half of the parmesan (save the rest to garnish).
- Remove the instant pot lid and tease apart any spaghetti that has stuck together using 2 forks.
- Add the bacon and garlic back to the pot and then the egg/cream mixture. Mix thoroughly together. Season to taste.
- Serve garnished with the remaining parmesan and enjoy.
I only seasoned with pepper as there was plenty of salt in the bacon and cheese.
For some interesting information about the origins of carbonara, please see here.
If you have enjoyed my recipe for instant pot spaghetti carbonara, please take a look at some of my other Italian inspired recipes below:
- Instant pot chicken ziti
- Instant pot spaghetti aglio e olio
- Quick easy instant pot spaghetti
- Instant pot Tuscan chicken recipe
- Instant pot chicken risotto
For any comments, questions or suggestions, please leave them in the box below and I would be delighted to help.