My instant pot vegan cheesecake is a perfect, creamy and decadent dessert. It tastes very similar to a New York-style cheesecake - delicious!
Instant pot vegan cheesecake
- 300 g Digestive biscuits Graham crackers in USA.
- 3 tbsp Coconut oil (melted) Vegan butter would also work.
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- 150 g Chickpeas (drained and rinsed)
- 250 g Raw cashews Soak in boiling water for 30 minutes and then drain.
- 1 Lemon (juice and zest)
- 2 tsp Vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp Cornstarch
- 400 ml Coconut milk Has to be full fat.
- 120 ml Maple syrup
- Pinch Salt
- Add the cashews to a bowl and cover with boiling water. They need to soak for around 30 minutes to help them blend.
- Blend the digestive biscuits with the coconut oil and cinnamon until they have a fine crumb.
- Line a 20 cm (8inch) springform pan with parchment paper and then add the crumb base. Push the mixture down until evenly firmed. Put the tin in the freezer whilst you make the filling.
- Put all of the remaining ingredients into a blender and mix until super smooth - this took about 3 minutes in my blender.
- Remove the cake tin from the freezer and add the filling. Tap the cake tin to remove air bubbles. Loosely cover with tin foil.
- Place the trivet in the instant pot and add 300ml (1.5 cups) of cold water.
- Make a sling using tin foil and use it to lower the cake tin into the instant pot.
- Put the lid on and set to high pressure for 30 minutes. Allow to naturally release (around 20 minutes).
- Remove the cake tin from the instant pot and place on a cooling rack. Remove the foil.
- Leave on the cooling rack for around an hour and then place in the fridge for a further 24 hours whilst the cheesecake develops its flavour.
- Serve and enjoy!
Make sure the digestives or graham crackers are vegan if this is important.
You can soak the cashews overnight in cold water if you don't want to use boiling water.
I made mine in the 8l (8qt) pot. Use an 18cm (7 inch) springform pan in the 6l (6qt) instant pot.
If you have enjoyed my recipe for instant pot vegan cheesecake, please check out some of my other great vegan recipes:
- Instant pot spinach dal
- Instant pot pasta puttanesca
- Instant pot red lentil chili
- Instant pot porridge recipe
- Instant pot flapjack
For any comments, questions or suggestions, please leave them in the box below and I would be delighted to help.