Welcome to my recipe for instant pot chicken tagine. Bursting with Morrocan flavours and really easy to make.
Instant pot chicken tagine
A really easy one pot meal that’s ready to eat in 30 minutes.
- 908 G Chicken thighs Boneless and skinless
- 2 tsp Paprika
- 2 tsp Cinnamon
- 1.5 tsp Ground ginger Fresh would be ok
- 1.5 tsp Ground cumin
- 1 tsp Turmeric
- Salt & Pepper To taste
- 3 tbsp Olive oil
- 2 Onions
- 4 Cloves Garlic Crushed
- 1 tsp Red pepper flakes Mild chili powder could be used
- 800 ml Chicken stock
- 400 g Chickpeas Drained
- 400 g Quinoa
- 400 g Tomatoes Tinned
- 125 g Dried apricots Chopped
- Coriander (cilantro) Fresh to serve (optional)
- In a large bowl add the paprika, cinnamon, ground ginger, ground cumin, turmeric, and salt/pepper to the chicken and rub in well (this can be done in advance - just cover with cling film and leave in the fridge).
- Add the olive oil to the instant pot and set to sauté. Fry the onions until cooked (around 3 minutes). Add the garlic and red pepper flakes. Fry for 1 more minute.
- Add the chicken and cook for around 2 minutes each side.
- Add all the other ingredients. Stir well and put the lid on the instant pot. Set on high pressure for 8 minutes. Allow to rest under pressure for 4 more minutes and then perform a quick release.
- Serve straight away and garnish with the coriander (cilantro) if required.
There it is - my 30 minute instant pot chicken tagine. Like most of my recipes this is super flexible. If you don’t like quinoa, just leave it out and serve over couscous or rice instead.
Please follow and like us: